Joining a professional organization like the APA Society of Clinical Psychology (SCP) affords many benefits to individuals at early, mid, or late stages of their career. Membership provides opportunities for networking, continuing education, professional development, policy making, and making important contributions to the field. For students and early career professionals, membership provides a point of entry into the state-of-the-science with regards to clinical psychology practice, research, and policy. For mid- to late-career professionals, membership can help to establish a national presence and the opportunity to apply your expertise to improving policy and practice in clinical psychology. Other benefits of membership include:
- Networking with experts in the field of clinical psychology
- SCP Monthly Blog Series highlighting clinical and public health implications of emerging research
- Postdoc and job posting opportunities via our Listserv
- Subscription to our quarterly newsletter, The Clinical Psychologist
- Subscription to our journal, Clinical Psychology: Science and Practice
- Opportunities to join committees and leadership positions
- Free continuing education opportunities
- Eligibility for Awards (senior, mid-career, early career, student)
- Discount on books such as Advances in Psychotherapy Series
- APA and ABCT Convention Social Hours
- Mentorship Program
- List your clinical practice in “Find a Therapist”
- Special Promotion for Full/Student Members: Free Book from the “Advances in Psychotherapy: Evidence-Based Practice” series
- Special Promotion for Student/Early Career Members: Two years of membership for the price of one.
Full members at individuals that demonstrate interest in and active engagement in practice, research, teaching, and/or administration in the field of Clinical Psychology with training appropriate to conduct such clinical activities. Must also be a full member of APA.
Cost: $65 Annually. Note that members who join after July 1, 2022 are joining/renewing for 2022 and will receive SCP benefits such as Free CE during 2022, but will not receive the journal.
Affiliate members are those who may or may not be members of APA and may not have received a clinical degree but who have demonstrated interest in and active engagement in practice, research, teaching, administration, and/or study in the field of clinical psychology. Affiliate members have no vote on Division 12 nomination ballots.
Cost: $63 Annually
Early Career Affiliates are within the first 7 years of obtaining their degree and enjoy the full benefits of Division 12 membership. Affiliates are not required to become a member of APA. Division 12 has established an arrangement with Section 10 Graduate Student and Early Career Psychologists to provide a dual membership. Section 10 is an amazing niche for Early Career Psychologists to get involved further with Division 12.
Cost: $40 Division 12 only -or- $45 Division 12/Section 10 dual membership
Student members are undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students who enjoy the full benefits of Division 12 membership. Students are not required to become a member of APA. Division 12 has established an arrangement with Section 10 Graduate Student and Early Career Psychologists to provide a dual membership. Section 10 is an amazing niche for Early Career Psychologists to get involved further with Division 12.
Cost: $25 Division 12 only -or- $30 Division 12/Section 10 dual membership